Did You Hear the Good News?
Pastor Prince mentioned about the gospels. The good news. That when you listen to the good news, something good always happen. And that when you look back, it is during the difficult times, His grace is the most obvious. So that led me to ponder - indeed in the darker seasons of my life, His presence is ever so strong. His love is ever so obvious. Does it mean only in times of trouble He is there? Of course not. He is always here with us. Our eternal light. What it did hit me is the word 'hope'.
In the darkest seasons of your life, all the ordinary life distractions fade away. You are left with the thought of survival. It all seemed so bleak, so unbearable, so confusing. You look around for a hope. And for the believer - Jesus is forevermore our hope. I find that when there is nothing for me to look at - He is always there with me. It is at these very lonely times, I finally had no choice but to listen intently. As I listen more to the good news, the tiny hope inside me grows more and more until darkness becomes no more. Suddenly I am filled with thoughts of a life filled with His joy, His song, His peace. That is why when you start listening really intently to the tender words of our Lord, your perception of His grace is the strongest. And when your perception of His grace is so strong, He perceives in you great faith and He brings you from glory to glory.
In the Palm of His Hands
I had a recent 'fiery darts' attack and it really left me drained at the end. Mostly my fault as I just sat down and listen to the lies until I just broke down. However, He turned all things for good. The attack actually brought me back to the time when I found no meaning to live on; and that sense of 'Can you just bring me to heaven now?' was very strong. Not to worry - that's why I called it an attack and in the end, I finally did speak against it and I'm ok now. But what is important is a tremendous realisation for me. I already knew that the very reason for my survival is Him. Why I am still jumping around with joy; blur but mostly quite happy all the time? Simply because I'm held in the very palm of His hands. He will never let me go to pieces. Think about it - I know for sure, without Him, I'll be totally shattered; totally destroyed. But I'm not - hallelujah! Why? Because He is the ONE that keeps me together.
Keeper of my Heart
In Israel, I experienced a complete healing of my heart - He just made me feel so altogether; so whole; so complete. I used to think that with all the heartbreaks, my heart bore scars - like a broken vase held together by super-glue? Quite funny now that I think about it. But for the first time then, I felt such a new heart. Then I came back and experienced a heartache. I was quite 'pek-chek' and thought to myself, 'Aiyo, I just got new heart and now someone has to go break it?!?' And you know what? He says, 'What I heal, no one can break.' He has 'whole-d' my heart with His love and it is not a filmsy 'whole-d'. It is His divine love and no one can break it. My heart is in His hands. Sure I ached but it wasn't broken. I checked - the wholeness is definitely still there. Let me just say that there are still trials and aches but my joy is that He is my wholeness. No matter what I face, He will never ever let me go. And neither will He let you go.
He says in John 10:27-30, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. I and My Father are one."
So for eternity, I will have my love story of a Lord who enclose me firmly in His mighty hand and pours His joy and love in me every new day - how about you? Whose hand are you in?


0 Got Something To Tell JarBeBe?
Post a Comment
<< Home