The Jarbebe Files

The J-Files are simply messages about my beloved Lord Jesus. Some very simple revelations of His glory & grace. All Glory to Him! If you are encouraged by these messages & would like to accept Him as your Lord & Savior, simply pray 'Lord Jesus, thank you for loving me & dying for me at the cross. I declare You my Lord & Savior and know I reign in life from this moment forth. Thank You Lord! Amen!'

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

What We Can Learn From Children

As a server in my church's nursery (age below 5), I'm constantly ministered to by the Lord when He shows me how much He enjoys the company of the little ones. And He constantly reminds me that He also wants me to be like them - to be carefree, worry-free and just always rejoicing in Him. Here are some qualities about the children I noticed. Very simple & nothing new - yet something the grown-up's need to be reminded of.


Laughter

Children do not need some witty joke or a comedy to make them laugh. And they don't hold back their laughter. When they are happy, they laugh. When they are tickled by something, they laugh. And more amazingly, I noticed this little girl just playing by herself and then just started laughing as she amused herself. I believe the children has a special joy which all of us, as a child of God, has. But we are too surrounded by our responsibilites, obligations and duties to just burst out in great joy. The Lord loves to laugh with you. I actually prayed one day for Him to add gregarious laughter in my day and He did just that. I was so easily tickled that I just laughed throughout the day. And boy, let me tell you - did it feel good! Definitely something we should do more often!

Grudges

The children I am in contact with - do not know what a grudge is. They may fight this minute and 15 minutes later, they are happily playing together. What bitterness? What need for forgiveness? We do not need to know if we have the same attitude. Why? Because they know they are loved. Perhaps in my grown-up complicated world, it is not possible to kiss & make-up and be buddies all over again the next day. But why carry the grudge?

Affections

If they enjoy your company, they will definitely let you know! They will run after you. Seek to hold your hands. Smile tenderly at you. Give you their big hugs. And these little blessed ones will be the first ones to offer you their help should you need it. Such big hearts! Such love! And unabashedly, they will shout with you 'JESUS LOVES ME!!!' most heartily!

Rest

Have you noticed that when someone carries a child, the child will not turn and ask, "Are you qualified to carry me? Are you strong enough to carry me? Will you drop me?" Never have I encountered such a child in my ministry. All I know is when you carry them, they just rest. They just trust that you will carry them. And there are those who love to be carried. They just come to you, open their arms and say, "Carry." Oh if we would only have the same attitude towards our Abba Father. To go to Him and say, "Carry." He would swiftly sweep you off your feet and gather you into His strong loving arms. And there, you can rest peacefully in His bosom.

I also noticed that children can sleep almost ANYWHERE, at ANY TIME they wish. Yes I've even seen some dozed off drinking their milk. When they are tired, they just rest. They do not go, "Oh no! I'm just SO tired but I have so much to do. I have to finish my milk. Go to the toilet. Watch this educational TV show. Enrich myself and grow and learn." A lot of us grown-ups, we just get so occupied with what we are doing or our obligations, we forget to rest. We just let our body, the temple of God in which the Holy Spirit dwells, to be sacrificed for other more important obligations. Obligations, as important as they are, should never be more important than rest. When you rest, the Lord will take care of all those obligations and provide for you. Just like the child who is drinking the milk. The obligation was to ensure he don't go hungry but yet he's just so tired. So he sleeps. He doesn't go "Oh if I don't drink it now. I will be so hungry later and they won't feed me. So I cannot rest. I must finish my milk before I sleep." You think if you are so tired and you rest, your Abba Father won't give you your milk after you wake up if you are hungry? Trust in our Lord and rest!

John 14:18 "I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you."

0 Got Something To Tell JarBeBe?

Post a Comment

<< Home