The Jarbebe Files

The J-Files are simply messages about my beloved Lord Jesus. Some very simple revelations of His glory & grace. All Glory to Him! If you are encouraged by these messages & would like to accept Him as your Lord & Savior, simply pray 'Lord Jesus, thank you for loving me & dying for me at the cross. I declare You my Lord & Savior and know I reign in life from this moment forth. Thank You Lord! Amen!'

Friday, September 03, 2004

Home in Heaven

As I was flipping through my notes today, I read something I wrote during a time when I was undergoing through some sorrows in my life. And now as I look back at the words I penned down, it still amazes me His goodness unto me daily, unfailingly. And the words still come as fresh rain to me so I decided it's time to share it today.

Home Sweet Home

As I was surrendering about everything happening around me, I felt His sweet presence fill the room. I poured the last bit of myself to Him and when I finished, He wrapped me in a tender embrace and gave me a warm heavenly hug and said, "You are HOME now. Everything is okay now."

Most of us probably hold this perception, "Well our eventual home is in heaven and it'll be all good and great!" And in the process, sort of overlook what we have in this earthly residence or simply hope it speed us by in the hope of the eventual glory. But right at that moment, when He said I am home now, everything felt perfect.

Try thinking a long trip away and when you finally reach the doorsteps of your house, see your bed, see the familiar warm faces, and you sighed, "Ah.... HOME at last!" That was how I felt. And I imagined how the prodigal son felt when his father enveloped him with such an overwhelming welcome home. What joy! What awe! What relief! What rest! How wonderful it is to walk straight into the arms of a loved one, smell the sweet aroma of your favorite dishes and relax into your own bed.

For us, the Lord tells us every day in manifold ways, "You are home now. Fret not. Daddy will take care of everything." How do we know we are home? The Holy Spirit dwells within the temple - our body. He makes it His home. And what makes it home for us? Simply His presence make this home. So when we are weary by challenges, it's important to realise that we are in His house resting. The devil may be yelling outside at the gates for all he wants but we are kept safely behind those gates, cared for and protected by the Holy Spirit.

And today, I enjoy being at home... with His fun and joyful company and His ever tender love and sure mercies. Well-fed, warm, fuzzy, loved - I'm home!


Let's Talk About Heaven

What's heaven to you? That's right - what's heaven to you? As I mentioned, the Lord says we shall have heaven on earth. So what is this heaven? "Oh I'm in heaven when I'm in love! Oh I'm in heaven when I win the lottery! Oh I'm in heaven when I'm in some exotic island and all is peace around me!"

Peace, prosperity, health and all material things you can think of - they are by-products. For me, heaven is being at home. In His presence. Simply the place where I abide and witness His glory and goodness. The place where I abide and soak in His very presence. Seek first His kingdom and all the rest will be added to you.

Our Lord has given us a mobile heaven here on earth. We are always in this place. We can never get out of it. Wherever we go, it's mobile and we are in it all the time. And this place has a name - the Holy Spirit, my heaven on earth.
"The Holy Spirit is the one who communicates heaven into your heart." - Benny Hinn

0 Got Something To Tell JarBeBe?

Post a Comment

<< Home