The Jarbebe Files

The J-Files are simply messages about my beloved Lord Jesus. Some very simple revelations of His glory & grace. All Glory to Him! If you are encouraged by these messages & would like to accept Him as your Lord & Savior, simply pray 'Lord Jesus, thank you for loving me & dying for me at the cross. I declare You my Lord & Savior and know I reign in life from this moment forth. Thank You Lord! Amen!'

Thursday, December 23, 2004

My Traditional 2004 Ending Note

This time of the year usually marks a period of reflection for me. For me to seriously sit down and look back at everything that has taken place for the year. When I ended 2003, I told you guys how we can all try to move on to the year 2004 - to forge new relationships, strengthen old relationships, experience new things and smile at yet another sunrise. That circumstances come and go - but you have control over the attitude in how you are going to live and face your life in many a tomorrows. You've seen a deflated, exhuasted JeNn whose trademark megawatt smile had dimmed quite a little in 2003. So what happened to JeNn in 2004 who has suddenly vanished from virtually everywhere? You no longer find her excitedly updating on the latest clubbing scene, hanging around Orchard every weekend and hopping from one social scene to another non-stop. As a very dear old friend once puts it, Where on earth is Jenn?

Well, Jenn was in Israel, Thailand, Malaysia, Australia and China. Amazingly, her favorite ocean leaping activities had slowed down. When not on board a plane to one of her infamous blessed travels, she can be located in a corner of 3 Temasek Boulevard. There are no champagne, no wine, no baileys though some would dispute that the music can get a wee bit loud at this strangely divine place. The good news is that this place had such restorative influence on her that her candid spunky self has somewhat been restored.

Honestly speaking - the Lord has blessed me tremendously this year. My pastor has told us at the beginning of the year that it will be a year of thousand more for us. There is without a doubt it has been that for me. Not just all those incredible trips. But in terms of new friendships and spiritual growth. The Lord has brought so many beautiful sisters and brothers into my life that has pointed the way back to Jesus for me many times. The Lord has used them as rich fertilizers to plant me right in Him. This year to me has been one of the most precious and significant turning point in my life in my walk with Him. Unexplainably, I have had my heart irresistably captured by Jesus and seen all the turnarounds in my life that He has purchased for me in this single year than I've ever seen manifested in my life.

But I also remembered and continually thank the Lord for the old friends He has planted in my life who has stood steadfastly through the years. These dear friends of mine have shared an inexplicable part of my life with me together - with our joy, our tears, our sorrows, our hopes and our dreams. I know it has been an extremely difficult year for some of them and I hope I could only show them love through the Lord for them for they are so dearly precious to me that I know only the Lord can help them through their sorrows and challenges. And those who know me long enough know that I never forget the touching kindness and love from those who care - not the many times you girls gave me a big hug when I felt no hope; not the time you nearly beat up a person for me (not that violence is encouraged); not the time we felt so hopeless about the job and sat at the staircase in tears; not the time when you stood beside me at the hospital bed watching me cry in pain; not the time your simple encouraging word and comforting company lifted me in times of darkness; so much so much more... each and every of you dear friends who have walked through the years with me. In all these acts, it is so lovingly obvious of the Lord's love through each one of you - pained when I'm grieved, furious when I'm bullied, comforting when I'm sad and faithful through ages to come.

As for experiencing new things - I hope leaping off a 3 deck 22m boat counts? (Sure hurts though!) Going to the Great Wall? Going to Hillsong? Seeing my first ever Manta? Getting my brand new baby 5050Z? Going to a Hokkien service? (No I still don't understand the language) New job? Ok ok, those sure don't beat my past (crazy) endeavors that had some of you going 'Jenn oh Jenn... only you...'. I admit that my adventurous spirit had somewhat been slightly more subdued and I still haven't gotten around to leaping off the plane or surfed the waves as I said I would. To be honest, I'm glad I didn't! Ha!

Yes that has been quite a 2004 for all of us. Some great; some not so great moments. But you know something - even with all the bad things that happened in 2003, I really did smile at another beautiful golden sunrise! And again, and again, and again!!! All only because of His faithfulness. All because I finally understood a tiny fragment of the depth, the width, the breadth of His love. I've experienced blessings of a new job, new travels, supernatural healing and a joy and peace that only He can light.

This 2004 season's note is vastly different from last year's simply because I have been brought from glory to glory in Him. And I pray the same and even more for all of you - of blessings untold in the coming year. My God is the same God who fulfills all your desires yesterday, today & forevermore. He is one who will always be there holding you for all your mornings eternally. Shalom my dear friends and have a blessed Christmas and an awesome 2005 ahead with exceedingly, abundantly, above all that you could ever ask or think!

Forever Cherished by Him,
JeNn

0 Got Something To Tell JarBeBe?

Post a Comment

<< Home