The Jarbebe Files

The J-Files are simply messages about my beloved Lord Jesus. Some very simple revelations of His glory & grace. All Glory to Him! If you are encouraged by these messages & would like to accept Him as your Lord & Savior, simply pray 'Lord Jesus, thank you for loving me & dying for me at the cross. I declare You my Lord & Savior and know I reign in life from this moment forth. Thank You Lord! Amen!'

Monday, January 03, 2005

A Stroll with Jesus

Oh wow! Kinda still coming to terms with the fact that we're now in 2004 no more but 2005 - the gorgeous beautiful year of His exceeding abundant grace. Okay so the year had ended with a somewhat solemn mood with the tsunami. Especially when I'm supposed to be diving in Thailand. Close call? Divine intervention more like it.

I took a stroll with Jesus today. I started the stroll a week ago when the tsunami happened. I was very saddened by the deaths of so many. As I alighted at my usual bus-stop from work, the Lord asked me, "Walk with me?" I looked at the direction He wanted me to go. It had a lovely sunset. I took a quick glance at my watch (typical city person) and decided my very hungry stomach will have to wait. I took the stroll - an extremely slow stroll, paced by the Spirit. It did cross my mind whoever was driving past would think this girl is mad. But I decided to remain blissfully oblivious of who, what, where and just walked each step directed by the Lord. And there He showed me my first glimpse of tenderness. You see, I see my Lord's glory in sunrises, His resurrection power in the glistening greens, His awesome creation power in the magnificent ocean... but it was the first time I really saw tenderness. Tenderness in the gentle breeze as we strolled.

Today, I just wanted to spend some time strolling with Him again. I thought it was quite romantic. To just walk with Him. So I walked and whispered His name through the walk. And as I turned a corner - again I felt His tenderness swept through me and fluttered softly around my heart. I really do not know how to describe in words how my heart felt. Light, peaceful, joyful, tendered!

So I want to strongly encourage you to do your own individual stroll with Him. Well it really is more of spending time with Him. Have a date with Him. Go out with Him. Your own special outing with Him. And during that time, do nothing but just enjoy His presence and let Him romance you.

0 Got Something To Tell JarBeBe?

Post a Comment

<< Home