It's Just A Storm
Roger and I were sharing on some thoughts last night on the question - why do some believers not see breakthroughs in their lives? One of our friends told us that it's because they do not believe what Jesus has already done for them. Maybe? How about people who do not believe, challenge God to give them a breakthrough before they believe - and God gives them that breakthrough? Or how about people who do believe but simply do not see a breakthrough? Seems like one small little question has birthed into a monster eh?
For those who know, I was recently hospitalized yet again for a small surgery. It was only 3 days at Ward 75. Roger shared that he was really proud of me that I handled the whole episode so well. As he had very little leave left, I was pretty much left alone at the hospital myself. There was no phone, no TV and no air-con (very important to me). He was REALLY worried but the Lord spoke to him that He will be the one taking care of me.
As for me, I know it's the Lord - I was really happy at the hospital. Not that I was happy to be hospitalized again - I just was comfortable wherever I was because the Lord is always there with me. I got the bed beside the window and there was a constant breeze keeping me cool. I was somehow kept constantly entertained by the 2 old ladies opposite me. There was also the Christian sister at the bed beside me who prayed for me early in the morning when we wake up. I had fun - even got out of bed after my surgery, limped to the old lady opposite and shared about Jesus! Granted, after I was discharged, I had to rest for another 3 more weeks from flu and an intestine attack. But I had a great time resting at home!
So what's my hospitalization got to do with the question above? I believe what Jesus has done for me on the Cross. I believe I am made righteous in Him. I believe I am under grace. I believe in the goodness of my Lord. So why am I going through what I went through?
Actually, I've come to the point that it doesn't matter. Sure, the mountains are there. Sure, it can be tough and sometimes painful. Sure, they can bring tears and maybe can be a little bit discouraging at times. Sure, my lifestyle has somewhat been affected and there are adjustments to be made. There are inconveniences. But they are all just one big storm. And storms do pass. They are seasonal. If I keep my eyes on what's seasonal, I may just very well turn them permanent. To me, I'm just in the boat with Jesus rocking violently in the storm. If He's not doing anything about it, what can I do about it? I might just as well enjoy the adventurous ride.
We always want things on our own timing, our plans, our ways - but God has His ways and His timing. And if you trust that He is ALWAYS good to you, even though it seems like a bumpy ride, you know you'll emerge with overwhelming victory. So for me, I just stop asking why or overthink reasons / causes. I just wait upon the Lord and I know in the meantime, He's giving me strength to last through the storm.


0 Got Something To Tell JarBeBe?
Post a Comment
<< Home