The Jarbebe Files

The J-Files are simply messages about my beloved Lord Jesus. Some very simple revelations of His glory & grace. All Glory to Him! If you are encouraged by these messages & would like to accept Him as your Lord & Savior, simply pray 'Lord Jesus, thank you for loving me & dying for me at the cross. I declare You my Lord & Savior and know I reign in life from this moment forth. Thank You Lord! Amen!'

Friday, June 13, 2008

Helsinki (June 08 - 15, 2008)

Yes, I am in Helsinki now. Yes, I also had not blogged in eons. Nevermind that. Arrived here in Helsinki on June 09 actually. Was an overnight long 18 hours flight including transit in Frankfurt. The flight was so super full and pretty uncomfortable for me. Then navigating through Frankfurt airport was a challenge by itself. Felt like laboratory mice running around. But still the Lord is so good and faithful! The Finnair flight from Frankfurt to Helsinki was quite challenging... The landing had been one of the roughest landing ever for me... and I had some pretty bad turbulences in the past... but never something like this... and also apparently Finnair pilots are very much known for giving very smooth and stable landings so this was really out of the ordinary... Well, you know what? Abba is indeed so good! Apparently, the day we landed, Helsinki had some sort of a mini 'tornado'. Very rare for them. I only knew that from my window seat view, I really thought the plane would have crashed so easily if not for the blood of the Lamb protecting it. It was way too exciting for me.

And of course, the weather... it was FREEZING. It was supposed to be summer already! The week before we came, they were at 27 deg. And when we came, it dropped to below 20 deg... with the wind, it was really chilly. Fortunately I had a thick coat with me. But the long flight and chilly weather took a toll on me and I went to bed feeling abit 'off' the weather. I woke up feeling the same way and just prayed. It was a good thing that because of jet lag, I woke up at 6 every morning. It allowed me to spend some time with the Lord before I really started my day... and also a good thing I brought Pastor's DVD here to watch. The day I went to work, I felt so much better. With regards to the office, it was nice to visit and learn about the operations here...

Anyway aside from work, I had 3 days of instant noodles (stayed in a serviced apartment - was upgraded to tower suite for me and my colleague). We bought fresh salmon, eggs and vegetables... and their salmon was heavenly!!! So fresh and tasty! Lunches were usually in the office building cafe... nothing very exciting.... I also went to Helsinki's oldest cafe and tried one of their very beautiful looking cakes... errr.... it was really beyond my expectation. I also ate Turkish donor at the Old Market Hall which was really good.... then had also dinner at some fancy restaurant called Nokka and had flounder with white fish eggs.... errr... ok la..... So I guess in terms of food, I'm not a big fan here... Out of the many days here, everyday rained.... I went sightseeing in the rain... it was ok... and then on the last day of my work, the Lord blessed me with truly wonderful sunny weather... it was so great to just walk and walk and watch people, events... oh it was Helsinki's 485 birthday so lots of free concerts everywhere. I had this platter of salmon, herring and potatoes which were divine... (ok maybe a fan of their salmon here)

Although I spent this Helsinki trip mostly on my own during my free time, I truly enjoy this experience of travelling again with Jesus. He showed me the sights and things I love... and just being in His presence wherever I walk in Helsinki is really something I miss so much.

Tomorrow I will heading to Estonia with my colleague for a day trip... then Sunday we'll be heading to Germany to begin another wonderful Jesus-filled trip... Shall keep you all updated!

0 Got Something To Tell JarBeBe?

Post a Comment

<< Home